Each year, the Cathedral community holds its Annual General (Vestry) Meeting in February. As a congregation of Christ Church Cathedral, this is our AGM too! Members of the St. Brigids community are encouraged to attend.
The meeting will start at about 12.30pm and a light lunch will be served upstairs prior to the meeting.
Canons (laws) of the Anglican Diocese of New Westminster state that those eligible to vote at Vestry meetings are all baptized people 16 years of age or older, who regularly worship at the Cathedral, and whose names have been on the membership roll of the parish for at least the three months preceding the vestry meeting.
If you are not certain of whether or not your name is on the membership roll, please contact Parish Administrator Vincent Carey.
This year’s meeting agenda will include the following items:
• Opening Prayer, Approval of Agenda, Appointment of Vestry Clerk
• Minutes of 2017 AGM
• Presentation of the 2017 Annual Report
• Report of the Nominating Committee and Elections (if necessary)
• Adoption of Audited Financial Statements 2017, Appointment of 2018 Auditor
• Presentation and Adoption of Budget 2017
• Resolutions (must be received in the Cathedral Office, in writing by Feb. 20, 2017@ 4pm)
Copies of the 2017 Annual Report are distributed to all who have been received as members of the Cathedral.
Please make every effort to attend this gathering of the congregation on February 26, 2016. It is an important time to celebrate the gifts God has given us, review the year past and consider plans to further the mission of God in this place.